Fire In My City : Based On Bulawayo Redan Garage Fire


Pictures By Ernest Mackina (View his blog)
I heard it was a tank blast,
Received the news; I was one of the last,
My friend snapped the picture as he walked past,
Sent it through to my whatsapp,
Looking like a movie scene on my cellphone screen,
I could almost hear the women scream,
Got on Facebook to see pictures of the fire fighter team,
Holding big pipes turning flames to steam,
For a real life scene it was looking extreme,
I called my parents just to know they were safe,
Heard nobody was hurt; they vacated the place,
In a country that had once had a fuel crisis,
The fumes had risen like the past prices,
On the 33rd commemoration  of our liberation,
Came a sad story that gripped the nation.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! We are linking to this great article on our site.
    Keep up the good writing.

    Also visit my web-site car disposal

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave your comments, compliments or criticism here.